Louise RidleySenior Reporter
Louise writes for Campaign and Media Week and also runs social media across both brands. She joined in March 2013, hopping desks from Haymarket sister title Event magazine. On Media Week she specialises in the magazine sector.
LinkedIn: Louise Ridley
Louise joined Haymarket Business Media in 2011, honing her reporting skills at Event magazine where she covered festivals, consumer exhibitions, corporate entertainment and brand event activity around the London Olympics.
She was previously Digital Editor for BBC Focus magazine, editing the first ever iPad app from BBC magazines as well as writing features on science and technology. She won New Consumer Specialist Journalist of the Year 2012 at the PPA New Talent Awards and was short listed for New Business Features Journalist of the Year 2013.
Louise has an MA Journalism from Goldsmiths college and has written freelance for the Evening Standard, Time Out, The Scotsman and Visit London.
Favourite ad: All the Coke "holidays are coming" adverts. It’s not Christmas until you see one.
Favourite track: Wonderful World by Sam Cooke.
One thing not a lot of people know about me: My great great uncle was in the team that discovered Tutankhamun's tomb. He died decades later, presumably not from a curse...
If I wasn’t slaving away at Haymarket I’d be... Hanging around the West End trying to get free tickets to musicals.
Latest Articles From This Author
- Lily Allen's cover of 'Somewhere Only We Know' from the John Lewis Christmas spot is the most "tagged" song from an ad this year on the music app Shazam.
- DraftFCB is overhauling its global structure and has hired Sebastien Desclée, the former chief executive of Publicis Belgium and sister agency Duval Guillaume Modem, as the president of a new DraftFCB International division.
- Andrew McGuinness, one of the founders of Beattie McGuinness Bungay, is leaving the agency after eight years as the other founders step back from day-to-day operations.
- Virgin Trains has chosen Krow to handle the brand's advertising business and TMW to work on its digital and CRM accounts.
- Pizza Express, the restaurant chain, has called a digital marketing review.
- Maxus has launched Maxus Partnerships, a content and sponsorships division, and hired Laura Wade, the head of digital at UTV's TalkSport and Sport magazine, to run it.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) has released a series of dramatic posters reconstructing images seen by war photographers, to convey the importance of allowing access to healthcare in conflicts.
- Nexus/H, the full-service agency, has been awarded the global digital account for Miller Genuine Draft, the lager brand distributed by SABMiller.
- Karmarama aims to encourage its staff to be more entrepreneurial by launching Krank, an initiative that invites them to pitch tech business ideas to a panel for a share of £100,000 funding.
- Goodstuff Communications has been awarded the media planning and buying account for the malt loaf brand Soreen.
- Confused.com, the insurance comparison website, will launch the first two of its festive ads on Sunday with a spot that features its Brian the Robot character at his first ever Christmas party.
- Hasbro, the American toy company that owns Play-doh, Furby and My Little Pony, has consolidated its global media account into Omnicom's OMD after a three-way pitch.
- The Royal Bank of Scotland Group has approached agencies ahead of a pitch for Williams & Glyn's, which is set to return to the high street after nearly 30 years.
- Advertising executives have called for more female and non-white role models in the industry after it was revealed that the proportion of women and people from ethnic minorities had increased only marginally this year.
- Hugo Feiler, a former managing director of Grey London, and Barnaby Girling, the former creative director of Holster Studios, have launched Alpha Century, a creative agency backed by the7stars.
- Karmarama has made two hires to support its international accounts.
- Creston has backed Loooped, a new creative agency focused on healthcare led by former TBWA\Paling Walters executives Andy Hayley and Dick Dunford.
- Dom Joly, the comedian, has created two rival characters, Bjorn and Brian, who will lead a social media campaign for Save the Children around its Christmas Jumper Day event on 13 December.
- Consumers are twice as concerned about their mobile phone data being accessed from internet banking than they are about it being used for advertising, a study has found.
- McDonald's has launched its 2013 festive ad, encouraging people to visit the fast-food restaurant whether they like Christmas or loathe it.
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London