Brand barometer: Social media performance of Santander
A look at the performance of Santander in social media over the past four months
Santander began relying on golfer Rory McIlroy to attract customers to its cash ISA account, pledging to pay customers an extra 0.1% if he wins a major in 2012.
Banco Santander chief executive Alfredo Saenz dismissed as 'nonsense' JP Morgan's prediction of a surge in Spanish mortgage arrears, catapulting Santander onto influential news sites globally.
Spain's financial crisis had a negative impact on Santander's SMR score over May and June, as users questioned the bank's stability. Forum users in particular questioned whether it is the next bank in line for mass withdrawals.
Competitions appeared offering tickets to the Santander British Grand Prix, although very little appeared on any of the bank's own social presences, besides the @SantanderGP account. The banking crisis continued to take its toll on the score.
Santander achieved a high reach score, but at the cost of a low level of satisfaction. Although it has a history of strong campaigns, a real element of social involvement has been missing. Its Twitter account frequently engages users, but Santander's Facebook presence is weak.
The Yomego SMR Index helps brands to benchmark their popularity in social channels. Follow @YomegoSocial
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Media Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show