Brand Manager of the Week: Donna Al-Bu-Saidi
marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 10 October 2012 09:00AM
Brand manager, Magimix
Describe yourself in three words.
Feisty, ambitious, loyal.
How would you define marketing?
The past and the future.
What would you be if you weren't a brand manager?
A food critic/journalist.
What advice would you give someone starting their marketing career today?
To remember that we all start at the bottom and that, despite some parts of the job being a little less glamorous than others, the skills you learn along the way will eventually get you to where you want to be.
What's your greatest ambition?
To be the female equivalent of Usain Bolt.
If you were a brand, what would you be and why?
Apple, the essence of cool.
What is your favourite ever marketing campaign?
Coca-Cola, 'Holidays are coming.' You know Christmas is firmly on its way when that campaign starts.
What marketing trend is dominating your job at the moment?
Interaction and the need to be seen and heard in a social environment, especially when working with food products.
What are your hobbies?
Eating, dancing, socialising, sports – anything that involves lots of energy and having a good time.
If you weren't you, who would you be?
Someone who inspires people – an Olympian or Paralympian.
What makes you angry?
Liars and bad manners.
What is your favourite pub?
The Ship Inn, Wandsworth.
What's your favourite holiday destination?
Zanzibar. My dad has some chalets out there – it's like a little paradise island.
If you could get tickets to any event, what would it be?
The 100m final at the Rio Olympics.
What have been your best and worst freebies?
My best was a backpack from Food Network UK. After thinking I would never use it, it has become an essential travel companion. Worst: pens and coasters.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Executive, Events, London, 30k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits, London
- Digital Marketing Manager /Senior Digital Marketing Executive Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, £32,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 per annum, London
- Global Senior Brand Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £50000 - £55000 per annum + Car allowance and bonus, London
- Fastrack Graduate scheme - Recruitment Jarlett de Grouchy £18000 - £23000 per annum + £40k OTE in first year, London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote