Me and my mentor
By Sarah Rowland, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 13 October 2009 08:30AM
Robert Ray, marketing director, Newspaper Society
I'm not easily manageable, but those who have had an impact are Adrian Birchall , ex-chairman/chief executive of MediaVest, who helped on the detail; Jim Marshall, ex-chief executive of Starcom MediaVest, who challenged everything; and my current boss, Newspaper Society director David Newell, who gives an often academic perspective. All of which makes me more rounded.
My greatest mentors have to be clients and audience. If customers don't like what you do, feedback is fairly quick and far from painless.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director air recruitment Up to £50k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Creative Graphic Designer Beyond The Book £DOE, Gloucestershire
- Senior Data Planner / Strategist Direct Recruitment £60K- £70K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28K- £32K, London (Central), London (Greater)