Me and my mentor
Robert Ray, marketing director, Newspaper Society
I'm not easily manageable, but those who have had an impact are Adrian Birchall , ex-chairman/chief executive of MediaVest, who helped on the detail; Jim Marshall, ex-chief executive of Starcom MediaVest, who challenged everything; and my current boss, Newspaper Society director David Newell, who gives an often academic perspective. All of which makes me more rounded.
My greatest mentors have to be clients and audience. If customers don't like what you do, feedback is fairly quick and far from painless.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Creative Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + pro rata, East London
- Web Designer - Huge Public Facing Project ADLIB £20k-25k, Swindon
- UX Designer Creative Recruitment £300 - £350 per day, London
- Director of eCommerce - Kuwait - £150K+ (Tax Free) Salt £150000 - £175000 per annum + relocation + tax free, Kuwait City
- ITV confirms major shake-up of Daybreak
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign