Me and my mentor
By Sarah Rowland, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 13 October 2009 08:30AM
Robert Ray, marketing director, Newspaper Society
I'm not easily manageable, but those who have had an impact are Adrian Birchall , ex-chairman/chief executive of MediaVest, who helped on the detail; Jim Marshall, ex-chief executive of Starcom MediaVest, who challenged everything; and my current boss, Newspaper Society director David Newell, who gives an often academic perspective. All of which makes me more rounded.
My greatest mentors have to be clients and audience. If customers don't like what you do, feedback is fairly quick and far from painless.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Designer (Dubai) MCG Associates Up to GBP60,000 a year tax free + benefits (including annual flights home) + relocation assistance., Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Account Director Creative Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media