Me and my mentor
By Sarah Rowland, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 13 October 2009 08:30AM
Robert Ray, marketing director, Newspaper Society
I'm not easily manageable, but those who have had an impact are Adrian Birchall , ex-chairman/chief executive of MediaVest, who helped on the detail; Jim Marshall, ex-chief executive of Starcom MediaVest, who challenged everything; and my current boss, Newspaper Society director David Newell, who gives an often academic perspective. All of which makes me more rounded.
My greatest mentors have to be clients and audience. If customers don't like what you do, feedback is fairly quick and far from painless.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid-weight Designer with super cool boutique agency Dahling Ltd £28-35k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight or Senior Conceptual Creative Team Dahling Ltd £30-45k or £60-90k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Junior Conceptual Creative or a Junior Creative team- TOP BOUTIQUE CREATIVE AGENCY!!!! Dahling Ltd £20-25k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Project Manager - Client Side - Blue Chip - CRM, Data, Backend Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits +75% off travel , London
- CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER (Brand Guardian, Marketing, Strategy) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Surrey