What it's really like inside: Gocompare.com
marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 20 January 2010 12:00AM
- How do you feel about being behind the most irritating ad of 2009?
Our business is one where visibility is integral to success. This campaign is being talked about a lot and we've seen a 200% increase in ad awareness since the campaign launched in August. Being named as the most irritating ad of 2009 is just a byproduct of an unforgettable campaign.
- What is the main marketing challenge you face?
Keeping pace with the constantly changing social media landscape, and how its impact on search will grow.
- What's the best thing about working for Gocompare.com?
There's never a dull day, and there's always a fresh challenge. Plus, there's free parking.
- Describe the marketing team in three words.
Loud, fun, fanatical.
- What are the hours like?
Working for Gocompare.com is not your typical nine to five. People regularly go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get the job done, but there's always time for fun.
- What are the perks?
The company has a real entrepreneurial spirit that encourages creativity and loads of fun, making hard work seem much less, well, hard.
- Are there any downsides?
My chief executive informs me that there are none.
- Do you have a local?
The team regularly goes to The Dragonfly for some good pub grub and we have regular team nights out in Cardiff.
- Is there a dress code?
No. The quality of work is far more important than how we look doing it.
- What do you do to unwind?
There are regular challenges on the Wii in our breakout area, the occasional impromptu cricket match and scheduled fun including fancy dress competitions at Halloween, inter-departmental go-karting contests, and even an Elvis appreciation day.
- Gocompare.com is based at Imperial Courtyard, Newport, Gwent NP10 8UL
- The company was established in November 2006 and has 74 employees.
- Hayley Parsons is founder and chief executive of Gocompare.com; Nicholas Hall is head of marketing.
- As well as insurance, the independent website offers comparison of prices and products on money, travel, motoring, utilities and business products.
- The site works by charging retail brands a small fee when consumers buy a product after clicking through from its search results.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Brand Manager Reuben Sinclair Excellent Benefits & Career Progression, Hertfordshire
- CRM Consultant Ninesharp Ã‚£200 - Ã‚£220 per day, Bath
- Freelance Middleweight Creative Team Purple Consultancy Ã‚£300 - Ã‚£320 per day, London
- Account Director Guru Careers £45 - 55k, Based in London (E1)
- Senior Partnerships Manager Fill Recruitment £30,000-£40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)