My YouTube ad of the week: Amy Kean, MPG Media Contacts
Campaign YouTube, Thursday, 29 March 2012 04:21PM
Amy Kean reviews Dollar Shave Club
Amy Kean, head of consumer innovation, MPG Media Contacts
Why I like this
When people tell me interesting things, rather than seek proof, I normally just choose to believe them. As such, I'm sure that it actually is the company CEO in this video. Does that mean that, at last, the dreaded CEO corporate blog is dead? Here's hoping.
I've heard this video described by many friends and colleagues as "the best ad ever". A bold statement, and one I believe we should look at through the use of a very scientific "great viral checklist".
Is it funny? Yes, very. Is it shocking? Yes, their blades are f**king great. Does it tug at the heartstrings? Of course - child labour, anyone? Is there a celebrity involved? Well, the Roger Federer reference certainly wasn't an accident. Is it new, fresh, unexpected, relevant? Yes, yes, yes and yes. I know how much its blades cost, I suddenly like its competitors less and, my God, do I want to be friends with its CEO.
An ad like this only comes along once in a blue moon and should be applauded, celebrated and, most importantly, learnt from.
Wish I'd thought of
It's simple, really. Best. Ad. Ever.
This article was first published on Campaign YouTube
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Director Business Development - TRAVEL- HOTELS Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- E-mail Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + benefits, Skelmersdale
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers