My YouTube ad of the week: Sushma Sagar, Banana Republic
Campaign YouTube, Tuesday, 01 May 2012 02:47PM
Sushma Sagar reviews Turner Benelux
Sushma Sagar, senior brand manager, Banana Republic
Why I like this
I can't imagine that many people outside Belgium had heard of TNT prior to this video, but an impressive 24 million people now have, according to the YouTube statistics.
TNT is a Belgian TV channel specialising in drama. What better way to communicate this than to throw a heap of it on to an unsuspecting public?
Of course, it wasn't long before curiosity got the better of a passer-by. The big, red, shiny button was pressed and the drama ensues. The payoff comes in the form of a banner, which unravels on the side of a building with the strapline: "Your daily dose of drama."
The technique of plotting a PR stunt, letting it happen, filming the reactions and putting it on the web is not new, but this one is particularly arresting. It's funny, it's quick, it's clever and it makes perfect sense.
TNT has managed to literally bring the channel's proposition to life with a stunt that didn't just capture the attention - nor did it just entertain - but it clearly and memorably communicated the brand message.
This article was first published on Campaign YouTube
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Online and Social Media Marketing Manager Cambridge University Press up to £45,000 + excellent benefits, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire