Ita Murphy to leave Mindshare
Ita Murphy, the long-standing managing director of Mindshare, is to leave the WPP media agency after 12 years with the business to pursue other interests.
Murphy, who has been managing director at Mindshare since January 2006, is leaving the agency to pursue her interests in executive coaching and mentoring, and to work on consultancy projects.
Murphy joined Mindshare in 2000, and was promoted to the agency’s executive management team in 2004. She has been managing director, responsible for the day-to-day running of the agency, for close to seven years.
She will not be directly replaced and her responsibilities will be divided by the rest of the senior management team at Mindshare UK.
Prior to joining Mindshare, Murphy was a media director at Initiative for four years, where she worked on clients such as Van den Bergh Foods (part of Unilever) and Birds Eye Wall’s.
Earlier in her career, she spent eight years at The Media Centre, rising to board director, and was a group head at Carat. She began her career in TV sales at ITV sales house Carlton.
Murphy said: "I’m proud to have helped double the size of the business, and to have worked with inspiring teams and clients to shape and develop the outstanding company Mindshare is today.
"The time has now come for me to take on new challenges. Whilst I will miss many of the wonderful people I have worked with at Mindshare, I am really thrilled at the prospect of the next exciting chapter of my career."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Frontend Developer Digital Gurus £30000 - £50000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits Available, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Designer / Web Designer Guru Careers £Neg. (DOE) + Excellent Benefits, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire / Ely, Cambridgeshire / Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire / Peterborough, Camb...
- Senior Brand Strategy Consultant Elizabeth Norman International £35000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Qualitative - Global Brand Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £75000 - £120000 per annum + Performance related bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred