Dr Thom brings in Journalista to amplify voice in health sector
By Hannah Crown, prweek.com, Friday, 07 December 2012 09:51AM
Dr Thom, the UK's first online doctor service that is owned by Lloyds Pharmacy, has brought in Journalista to handle its b2c and b2b comms.
The retained account was won after a pitch and covers a press office function as well as amplifying the service’s voice within the health sector.
The service is run by Dr Rachel Carrell and was founded in 2002 as a way of giving patients a convenient way of accessing treatments for low-risk conditions such as contraception, cystitis, travel vaccinations and home tests for a variety of sexually transmitted infections.
Doctors review online assessments filled in by patients, make a diagnosis and then email a prescription to an in-house pharmacy to be sent to the patient.
It was started by Thom Van Every as a way of giving patients with sexually transmitted diseases, who found it hard to access a clinic during the day, a way of getting treatment while saving them the embarrassment of face-to-face consultation.
Founder director of Journalista Holly Sutton said: ‘This new contract presents an exciting opportunity for us to support Dr Thom in its mission to make it as easy as possible for patients to look after their health.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Interim Brand Manager Better Placed Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, North West England
- Senior Account Manager, Top Booze Brand, eCRM & Digital, up to £38k MODA consult up to £38k + benefits, Central London
- Social Media Account Manager Search Party 30-40k, Central London
- Senior Brand Experience Manager PSD Group Up to £65,000 + Car, Bonus & Benefits, London