Butlin's returns to TV with 'altruistic' mission
Butlin's, the Bourne Leisure-owned resort brand, is preparing a post-Christmas campaign to push its "altruistic" brand purpose of helping families "rediscover their sparkle".
Butlin's has redefined its brand purpose, which is communicated internally within the company as, "Helping hardworking families rediscover their sparkle", and aims to convey this in the new campaign.
Created by Now, which started working with the leisure brand in mid-2011, the campaign launches on Boxing Day and will run until the end of January.
Butlin's has ditched its previous brand character, Ludo the green and fluffy dinosaur, in favour of the new format.
Rachel Kepinska-Smith, head of brand at Butlin's, told Marketing that the holiday brand had been associated with negative perceptions before, but that the new campaign was designed to "break" those connotations, with an "altruistic purpose" that champions hardworking families.
Kepinska-Smith said the ad was a demonstration of the favoured phrase of the brand's founder Billy Butlin, which he quoted from Shakespeare, namely, "Our true intent is for all your delight."
She said the music from 'Trololo', the viral hit fom Russian singer Eduard Khil singing in a 1970s recording, "can’t help but make people smile". She added that the TV ad iwas designed to "provide a free sample of the feeling people get of being on a Butlin's holiday".Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Planner - Prestigious & Luxury Brands Ultimate Asset £28000 - £32000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London
- Media Director - KSA MCG Associates Tax Free & Competitive , Riyadh (SA)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief