Comedian Julian Clary appoints Katie Phillips PR ahead of tour
Comedian Julian Clary has called in agency help ahead of his UK-wide stand-up tour next year.
Clary has appointed Katie Phillips PR (KPPR) to help promote 'Position Vacant, Apply Within', which runs from April through to June.
The agency will focus on spreading awareness around Clary and the show through a range of media, with the Graham Norton Show being a particular target.
Katie Phillips, founder of KPPR, explained that the work came about through contact with Clary’s agent, Mandy Ward, who had also managed KPPR client Katy Brand.
‘Julian has a huge profile, so it’s about cementing that and getting him on a show with high audience figures,' said Phillips. 'We will also be looking at other ways to get him into the regional media, so a press kit will be important in doing that.’
Clary’s tour follows victory in this year’s Celebrity Big Brother.
‘When it comes to the show opening, we will definitely be looking to ramp up the national reviews, with leading newspaper critics among those invited,’ added Phillips.
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital project manager/ Producer - £30-35K Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Corporate Public Relations Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 per annum, Coventry
- Customer Insight Manager Better Placed Recruitment negotiable, Chester
- MID-WEIGHT DIGITAL DESIGNER - LONDON - £30K Salt £30000 per annum, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%