Macmillan unveils first TV spot by VCCP
VCCP is unveiling its first TV ad campaign today for Macmillan Cancer Support.
The emotive ad is the first by VCCP, since it picked up the business in March last year.
The 60 and 30-second spots, called ‘Not Alone’, feature individuals "hit" by cancer and falling. Before they hit the ground they are caught by the people around them.
It aims to underline that with the support of Macmillan and the public, no one has to face cancer alone.
The TV ad will be aired for the first time during 'Loose Women' on ITV today. It will be followed by radio and online activity and will be supported by a media report and integrated PR activity.
Barney Cokeliss directed the spot. The copywriter was Katie Welch and the art director was Neil Shanlin. RSA was the production company and media planning and buying was handled by PHD and Vizeum.
Hilary Cross, director of external affairs, Macmillan Cancer Support said: "Our Not Alone campaign, developed with VCCP, marks a critical turning point in Macmillan’s brand advertising. Never before have we communicated what we do and why we need support with such power.
"As the number of people living with cancer is set to double from two to four million by 2030 we need to inspire the public to support people with cancer so that no one ever has to face it alone."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London