Michael Saxton brings clients to Grayling's Future Planet
Grayling has moved to expand its sustainability division Future Planet into the 'cleantech' arena through the appointment of Michael Saxton as joint MD.
Saxton will bring with him clients from his previously founded agencies Grappa PR and Greenpoint PR. It is understood that Grayling is not acquiring the agencies.
Saxton will head up Future Planet alongside current MD Sarah Howe and will join Grayling’s executive board.
Grappa and Greenpoints's portfolio of clients in the cleantech, retail and leisure sectors, including Xeros, Urban Land Institute and Savills are moving over to Future Planet, as is Grappa PR's senior consultant Rafal Kwiatkowski.
Cleantech covers a range of areas including recycling and renewable energy, with a focus on minimising environmental footprint.
Alison Clarke, UK & Ireland CEO at Grayling, said: ‘Grayling Future Planet has a strong track record in advising global FMCG companies and the automotive sector on sustainability strategy.
'The expansion of the team through Grappa and Greenpoint means we have an immediate footprint in cleantech, a fast-growing area of sustainability.’
Grayling rebranded its sustainability, CSR, and not-for-profit comms practice as Future Planet in November 2011.
Saxton’s move follows him founding Grappa PR, which focused on retail and leisure in 2000, and Greenpoint PR, which sat within Grappa PR specialising in clean tech and sustainability and was created in 2010.
Howe was appointed to head up Future Planet last May having previously served as director, campaign innovation, at Text 100.
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London