Nissan ties with YouTube for motorsport partnership
Nissan and YouTube have teamed up to launch Nismo.TV, a global channel that promotes the Japanese car manufacturer's motorsport activity.
Nismo.TV launches next month. It will feature behind-the-scenes content and footage of Nissan's "Nismo Athletes" – PlayStation gamers from its GT Academy who have become real racing drivers, proving it is possible go "from PS3 to podium".
YouTube branding will appear on Nissan's GT-R Nismo GT3 racing cars when they compete at events.
Nissan’s director of global motorsport, Darren Cox, said: "By launching Nismo.TV on YouTube we're creating a new template for leveraging motorsport content and taking it beyond the purist, on a truly global level.
"Innovation is what Nissan does best and with YouTube we can go out there and break the rules when it comes to engaging with our audience – the current and future motorsport fans."
Julie Kikla, strategic partner development manager, YouTube Sports, said: "We're delighted to welcome Nismo.TV on to the YouTube platform. Working in the content space with Nissan creates an exciting new dimension to our existing motorsport content offering which is fast becoming a valuable genre."Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager Adam Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, City of London
- Account Director Stopgap £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Senior Marketing Manager - Legal MCG Associates Competitive and tax free, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Digital Business Director - Digital Planning/Buying Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + Great Benefits Package , City of London
- Tesco moves £90m media account to MediaCom
- Viacom pulls plug on C5 sales: more than 90 jobs to go
- Lego launches Facebook campaign that asks kids to create a kronkiwongi
- Twitter hunts for UK agencies
- Naked Cara Delevingne ad 'does not objectify women'
- Pedigree launches global 'feed the good' campaign with BBDO