The Publicis Groupe agency has also been nominated for its work for Barclays, International Airlines Group, and Weetabix.
There are 38 campaigns in total that have been shortlisted to win this year’s Effectivness Awards, for which entrants have to prove the payback of their communications activity.
Eight overseas entries made this year’s shortlist, including two campaigns from Ogilvy Australia for Nestlé’s Soothers brand.
Food and drink is the best represented sector with eight shortlisted entries, followed by retail and pharmaceuticals (five each), and automotive (four).
Among holding companies, WPP has the most shortlisted entries with nine, and is closely followed by Publicis Groupe (eight) and Omnicom (seven).
Meanwhile, eight independent agencies have had their work shortlisted for the awards.
Neil Godber, convenor of judges and head of planning at J Walter Thompson London, said: "During the judging process we have seen lots of outstanding case studies that have provided some fascinating insights into the future of our industry, including the proper commercial application of social media and new understandings of the reinvention of sponsorship."
The winners will be announced on 9 October.
Full 2018 IPA Effectiveness Awards Shortlist
- 32Red (Kindred Group) by MI Media - 32Red: How marketing communications fuelled an online casino's hot streak
- Aldi by McCann UK - Kevin the Carrot 2016 and 2017: How Aldi UK won Christmas with the help of a humble carrot
- Aldi by McCann UK - Shop, Eat. Repeat. How a bold repositioning campaign restored Aldi to record growth
- Art Institute of Chicago by Leo Burnett Chicago and Art Institute of Chicago - Van Gogh's Bedrooms: The power of an immersive idea
- Audi UK by BBH - Beauty and brains: How we supercharged the Audi premium 2015-2018
- Baileys (Diageo) by Mother and Carat - Baileys: A radical brand turnaround story with extra sprinkles
- Barclays by BBH - Purpose pays
- British Army (Capita, for the British Army) by Karmarama and MediaCom - Helping a new generation find where they belong in the British Army
- Covonia (Thornton & Ross) by Bray Leino - Rediscovering the power of Covonia
- David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust by WhiteGrey - Hello in Elephant: Translating an endangered language to help save an endangered species
- DFS by Krow Communications and MediaCom - Turning DFS from a value brand into a brand that people value
- Direct Line Group by Direct Line Group and Ebiquity - They went short. We went long
- Ella's Kitchen by Havas London - Selling up doesn’t mean selling out
- Guinness (Diageo) by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO - Guinness: Made Of More, 2012 - 2018
- Heineken by Publicis Italia and Publicis Singapore - A Game Changer: How Heineken reinvented its champions league communications
- IAG Cargo (International Airlines Group) by BBH - IAG Cargo FWD.Rewards: Building strength in numbers
- Ikea by Mother and Vizeum - The Wonderful Everyday
- Lidl by TBWA\London and Starcom - How Lidl grew a lot
- National Art Pass (Art Fund) by MullenLowe London - The art of effectiveness
- Nationwide Building Society by VCCP and Wavemaker London - How Nationwide found its voice and the difference that made
- parodontax (GSK) by Grey London - Selling an oral care oxymoron: Toothpaste for gums
- Prospan (Flordis Australia) by Affinity - The world's first cough predictor
- Purplebricks by Snap LDN - How Purplebricks brought Commisery to the UK's estate agents
- Ribena (Lucozade Ribena Suntory) by J Walter Thompson - Ribena: A case for the defence
- Rogue (Nissan Canada) by Juniper Park\TBWA - From also-ran to front-runner: How Nissan made Rogue a sales hero by making winter heroes of Canadian drivers
- SK-II (Procter & Gamble) by Forsman & Bodenfors - SK-II: The Marriage Market Takeover: How giving 'leftover' women in China a voice transformed a luxury skin care brand
- Skittles (Mars) by Adam & Eve/DDB - Breaking conventions with Pride
- Soothers (Nestlé) by Ogilvy Australia - Any number of sore throats
- Sport England by FCB Inferno - This Girl Can: Giving judgement the finger (& inspiring millions of women to get active)
- Starbucks by Manning Gottlieb OMD - Starbucks and social: How Starbucks created the fourth place in coffee culture
- Suzuki by the7stars - Suzuki Saturdays
- The AA by Adam & Eve/DDB and Carat - The AA: From spark-plugs to singalongs
- True Match (L'Oréal Paris) by McCann London - How L'Oréal Paris UK True Match climbed to No.1 by making everyone feel ‘Worth It’
- U by Kotex (Kimberly Clark Australia) by Ogilvy Australia - ‘Let's move on’
- Virgin Media by BBH - Finding our Virginity: How fighting fact with feeling helped Virgin Media take on the might of Sky
- Vype (British American Tobacco) by JWT - Vype quality: A tale of two marketing models
- Weetabix by BBH and Ebiquity - A Rembrandt in the attic: Rediscovering the value of 'Have you had your Weetabix?'
- Yorkshire Tea (Bettys and Taylors of Harrogate) by Lucky Generals and Goodstuff Communications - Waking the sleep shoppers: A proper effective campaign for Yorkshire Tea