Research provided by RadiumOne and Rugby World Magazine reveals just how tech-savvy and connected rugby union fans are.
With 2015 being the biggest year in England Rugby history, the RadiumOne research highlights just how important it will be for brands to fully understand rugby fans’ technology behaviours if they are to engage them effectively as customers during the Rugby World Cup 2015.
The Key Findings:
- UK Rugby fans have an average of 4.6 devices in their household
- Younger rugby fans aged 16-34 are more than twice as likely (48%) to use their phone during the game than 55+ year olds (22%)
- Nearly half (48%) of rugby fans share rugby related content online, and 60% consume it, rising to 78% of 16-34 year old fans
- 47% of rugby fans share or consume rugby-related content online, and 60% consume rugby-related content using email
- 44% of rugby fans have purchased rugby tickets online and 24% have purchased through a mobile or tablet.