The new features on the National Lottery site include:
- A game selector tool, where players can filter by game type, top prize, price, launch date and theme.
- A dedicated results checker displaying all National Lottery draw results for the past 180 days so players can easily see if they have won.
- An alerts service about upcoming rollovers on Lotto and EuroMillions draws.
- A player account, holding all the information on a player's tickets bought online and with a debit card in one place.
- An enhanced continuous play function; a help hub.
- A new design with animation and improved site navigation.
Camelot is also introducing a 'Take the Tour' section to help players find their way around the new website in their first few visits.
It includes a virtual tour area which showcases the most popular sections of the site, with quick links to the main player areas: 'Play Games', 'Check Results', 'My Account' and 'Good Causes and Winners'.
The Good Causes section of the site gives players access to how the £22bn plus The National Lottery has so far raised has helped to fund more than 300,000 individual awards, benefiting communities throughout the UK.
Martin Pugh, commercial director at Camelot, said: "We've listened to our players and built the new website with games that are even easier to find, a My Account centre with an at-a-glance summary displaying all their tickets, and an evolutionary design which looks fantastic -- but importantly is still intuitive to use."