There was also a clear sense that we are moving into a new era of communication planning. This, though more challenging, is also generating more communication opportunities overall and more opportunities to integrate effectively. Additionally, there were a number of genuinely creative submissions, which placed media at the very heart of the communications strategy.
On the negative side, there was the temptation to over-complicate and revert to techno-speak - we should never forget that audiences don't consume "digital", they still consume television, press, radio, outdoor, cinema and the internet etc, albeit increasingly through devices of their choice.
- Sue Unerman, Chief strategy officer, MediaCom
- Russell Place, Acting chief executive and chief strategy officer, UK,
- Mark Whelan, Creative director, Cake Group
- Nigel Sharrocks, Chief executive, Aegis Media UK & Ireland
- Simon Barnes, Commercial director, The Independent
- Nick Emery, Chief strategy officer, MindShare
- Jim Marshall (chairman of the judges), Chairman, Starcom UK Group
- Greg Grimmer, Partner, Hurrell and Dawson
- Daren Rubins, Managing director, PHD Media
- Kevin Brown, Director of engagement planning, Bartle Bogle Hegarty
- Mike Mathieson, Chief executive, Cake