CampaignLive subscribers were first to read these and other stories
- Tuesday 14.30 Mustoe Merriman wins pounds 6.5 million HP Food
- Monday 12.16 New York creative directors go in shake-up at Ammirati
- Monday 12.14 Starcom wins dollars 80 million Sara Lee US media buying
Young & Rubicam’s campaign for the Ford Focus comfortably topped our
Favourite Ad poll this week.
1. Ford Focus (Y&R) 44%
2. Sainsbury’s (AMV BBDO) 26%
3. BBC TV licence (TBWA) 15%
4. BMW 3-Series (WCRS) 9%
5. Sekonda (Mustoe Merriman) 6%
In our first Swingometer question this week, we asked if Campaign’s
Caroline Marshall was right to argue that there was more to agency
culture than creative talent. This sparked 90 per cent agreement.
Our second question focused on the National Magazine Company’s decision
to launch a chain of Cosmopolitan branded cafes. With celebrity chains
such as the Fashion Cafe falling by the wayside, we asked if such a
brand extension was a good idea. Sixty-eight per cent voted no.
Finally, there was a mixed reaction to Benson & Hedges’ strategy of
targeting younger smokers with its new cigarette brand, Mellow Blend. It
was close but 52 per cent thought it a bad idea.
In People’s Surf, check out Nike, AOL, Pretty Polly, VW and
Subscriptions: 0181-845 8545 www.campaignlive.com.