CampaignLive continued to break stories this week.
- Wednesday 09.49 South West Trains appoints Court Burkitt & Company
- Tuesday 17.57 Channel 5 parts company with Mother
- Tuesday 13.33 BT advertising chief takes top millennium job
- Tuesday 13.26 Britannia Music announces pounds 13.5 million media
- Friday 17.25 TBWA GGT Simons Palmer set to win pounds 50 million
The Times ’under the skin of sport’ campaign topped the Favourite Ad
1. Times (Rainey Kelly) 40%
2. Scrumpy Jack (TWBA GGT Simons Palmer) 20%
3. Standard Life (The Leith Agency) 18%
4. Mercedes-Benz (Maher Bird Associates) 16%
5. Heathrow Express (TWBA GGT Simons Palmer) 6%
In a week in which BSkyB followed the BBC with its first digital
broadcast, digital television took a knock, this time from Zenith
Zenith warned that digital TV could be less of a revolution and more of
a damp squib. Our first question asked if the British public were ready
or interested in getting more TV - to which 58 per cent voted ’no’.
Our second question this week centred on the call by Roy Jeans, managing
director of Initiative Media, for a shake-up of the regional press.
Jeans said its methods were antiquated and his comments seem to have
struck a chord, with 63 per cent of you backing his call.
Social Sophie: Includes a new review by our resident restaurant critic,
Subscriptions: 0181-845 8545