CampaignLive continues to guarantee its subscribers are the first
to hear about the industry’s breaking news. Here are some of the stories
that appeared first on Campaign’s Website:
- Wednesday 13.14 Robinsons drops ’different every time’ campaign
- Tuesday 18.32 Decaux ups bid for More Group
- Tuesday 17.00 TV Times appoints Delaney Fletcher Bozell
- Tuesday 12.57 ITN to set up online sales operation
- Friday 13.08 Des Lynam to appear in third TV campaign this year
- Friday 13.04 MPs cast doubts over the future funding of the BBC
It would seem Ogilvy & Mather’s ad for Impulse featuring a gay male
couple wasn’t as controversial as first thought. It won Favourite Ad
The full results were:
1. Impulse (Ogilvy & Mather) 61%
2. Guinness (Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO) 13%
3. Snickers (Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO) 9%
4. Strongbow (TBWA GGT Simons Palmer) 9%
5. Birds Eye burgers (McCann-Erickson) 9%
In the Swingometer, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO’s first work for Guinness
divided opinion. There was only 8 per cent in it but 57 per cent said
they did not like it.
The cult magazine, the Idler, got the backing of the industry in its
complaint to TBWA GGT Simons Palmer over its use of the ’live to loaf’
line in its Strongbow ads. The title has featured ’loafing’ for five
years and last year introduced ’live to loaf’ as its cover line. A total
of 85 per cent said it was right to complain to the agency.
The Fence CampaignLive’s discussion forum is free to access for just one
Private View Leo Burnett’s executive creative director, Gerard Stamp,
reviews the latest ads.
Social Sophie Dances until dawn at the Gallery, chills out to Air’s Moon
Safari and sips peach beer at Mash.
Subscriptions: 0181-845 8545 www.campaignlive.com.