Job: Senior partner, Agency Insight
- You've got five hours left before the world explodes. What do you do?
Download a bomb disposal app.
- What's your best joke?
A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
- What's your biggest fear?
I have never liked heights.
- When did you last cry and why?
Jonny Wilkinson's drop goal in the World Cup final against Australia must have been close.
- Who is your hero?
Admiral Lord Nelson.
- Name one thing about yourself that few people know.
I once stayed up all night with Princess Margaret singing pub songs around a piano.
- What's the worst thing about your job?
"Hello, I used to be the new-business person at Fargles and now I'm the new-business person at BYJ&K. Why don't we just touch base."
- What do you see when you look in the mirror?
Increasingly, my father.
- Which historical figure do you most identify with and why?
Claude Johnson, the man who is accredited with introducing Charles Rolls and Henry Royce. It was a good thing.
- If you had a trained monkey, what would you make it do?
I would ask him to recruit 1,000 monkeys with typewriters and ask them to articulate the strategy on futurism, the integrated agency model and what happens next. It would be as good as anything out there!
- If your office was burning down, what object would you save and why?
Drawings of me by my children.
- Are you happy?
I know it is sometimes difficult to tell but yes, thanks.
- What would you do if you were invisible for the day?
I'd like to have been in the room when the coalition was agreed.
- What's your most evocative childhood memory?
Being in bed at boarding school listening to the assassination of JFK on Voice Of America.
- What's your most irritating habit?
Moving on to the next subject, believing the current conversation is complete (apparently).
- What belief do you hold most strongly?
Work for what you want. It will come.
- What's on your iPod most-played list?
It used to be Walk On The Wild Side.
- What do you wear in bed?
More now winter is coming on.