Job: Executive creative director, RMG Connect
- You've got five hours left before the world explodes. What would you do?
Fill The Ivy with my creative department for lunch, order from the "thick" end of the wine list. Then request the bill at 5.59pm.
- What's your best joke?
Two goldfish in a tank. One says to the other: "How do you drive this thing?"
- What's your biggest fear?
Never being published.
- When did you last cry and why?
In the school playground. Two months ago. I lifted up my young daughter in front of her classmates and she volleyed me in the cobblers.
- Who is your hero?
Jon Claydon - proof that you can be a successful, multimillionaire adman without being a complete ***t.
- Name one thing about yourself that few people know.
I'm a copywriter.
- What's the worst thing about your job?
Dealing with people who genuinely don't care.
- What do you see when you look in the mirror?
The luckiest man in the world.
- With which historical figure do you most identify and why?
Charles Darwin. Observing the rapid evolution of marketing: survival of the most flexible, the extinction of species that fail to adapt, the diversity of channels etc.
- If you had a trained monkey, what would you make it do?
Learn Actionscript 3.0.
- If your office was burning down, what object would you save and why?
My PA, Imogen Parson, the best PA in the world.
- Are you happy?
- What would you do if you were invisible for the day?
Carry on as normal - it's what my wife and kids think I am already.
- What's your most evocative childhood memory?
Waking up one day and, magically, discovering that I could spell.
- What's your most irritating habit?
The ability to find something good in every situation.
- What belief do you hold most strongly?
That everyone has a hidden super power.
- What's on your iPod most-played list?
AC/DC, Metallica, Van Halen. (White noise is fantastic to write within - ask Stephen King.)
- What do you wear in bed?