Job: EMEA president, Mediabrands
- You've got five hours left before the world explodes. What do you do?
Reflect on my good fortune that this is happening when I am in the Maldives with my wife, my son and daughter and my best friends.
- What's your best joke?
Tottenham Hotspur are a big club.
- What's your biggest fear?
- When did you last cry and why?
Watching Gran Torino. Clint reminded me of my late dad.
- Who is your hero?
The Who's Pete Townshend.
- Name one thing about yourself that few people know.
I failed my maths O-Level three times.
- What's the worst thing about your job?
- What do you see when you look in the mirror?
A bald old git.
- Which historical figure do you most identify with and why?
Captain James Cook. We both left Whitby at a young age to explore the world. Well, he did. I ended up in Ilford, but I do travel a bit now.
- If you had a trained monkey, what would you make it do?
Admin - both personal and professional.
- If your office was burning down, what object would you save and why?
The photograph of my wife and our puppy, Barnsbury. Everything else is available elsewhere or replaceable.
- Are you happy?
- What would you do if you were invisible for the day?
- What's your most evocative childhood memory?
Summer holidays at my nan's council house in Whitby.
- What's your most irritating habit?
That will remain classified information.
- What belief do you hold most strongly?
- What's on your iPod most-played list?
Boringly, I actually checked - Doves, Elbow, Weller, U2, Fleet Foxes, Depeche Mode, Springsteen, Razorlight.
- What do you wear in bed?