Job: Chairman, Delaney Lund Knox Warren & Partners
- You've got five hours left before the world explodes, what would you do?
Unfortunately, that doesn't leave me quite enough time to watch series five of The Wire, so I think I would gather my loved ones around me and we could all eat Green & Black's chocolate together while I worked out a cunning plan.
- What's your best joke?
I once had a client who sent me a Christmas card that said: "Here's to another five years of the campaign!" He then called a pitch for the business in February. You've got to laugh.
- What's your biggest fear?
Apart from the collapse of capitalism and the triumph of the nihilist fundamentalists, it is that I should wake up one morning and find myself metamorphosed into Michael Winner.
- When did you last cry and why?
We were all upset when a good friend and colleague recently died. Like him, though, I generally prefer to laugh.
- Who is your hero?
The man who stood in front of the tanks in Tiananmen Square.
- Name one thing about yourself that few people know.
I am a recovering First World War addict. Did you know that if the Germans had known about the French army mutinies in 1917 ... sorry, am I boring you?
- What's the worst thing about your job?
There are a few meetings I could mention. But, of course, it is when you have to let good people go.
- What do you see when you look in the mirror?
A man with a full head of hair and a vivid imagination.
- With which historical figure do you most identify with and why?
Alexander the Great. He would have looked at the research and then invaded Persia anyway.
- If you had a trained monkey, what would you make it do?
I think that investment banking could do with a fresh approach right now.
- If your office was burning down, what object would you save and why?
Since I share an office with him, it seems churlish not to save Mark Lund.
- Are you happy?
I'd like to thank my family and all the good people I work with, without whom I would not have been anything like as happy as I am ... (Breaks down into unintelligible Kate Winsletesque sobs and exits.)