Job: Managing partner, the7stars
- You've got five hours left before the world explodes. What do you do?
Put a bet on at William Hill, just in case the explosion doesn't happen. Then become a space tourist, very quickly.
- What's your best joke?
The one about jam and marmalade.
- What's your biggest fear?
- When did you last cry and why?
I'm in media. Crying is for those creative types.
- Who is your hero?
Don Draper, natch.
- Name one thing about yourself that few people know.
I used to have a major crush on Rod Stewart (ewwww).
- What's the worst thing about your job?
It happens during Selfridges opening hours.
- Which historical figure do you most identify with and why?
Does Blanche from Coronation Street count as an historical figure now?
- If you had a trained monkey, what would you make it do?
I do have a trained monkey, and he is an absolute genius at press buying.
- If your office was burning down, what object would you save and why?
Maybe the monkey, or maybe the shoe collection that is under my desk.
- Are you happy?
- What would you do if you were invisible for the day?
Play hide and seek, competitively.
- What's your most evocative childhood memory?
Hobbies and my inability to hold one down. Being expelled from ballet for lack of co-ordination; being sick on a piano; failing my cycling-proficiency test; and getting caught bunking off Brownies to eat chips.
- What's your most irritating habit?
Listening to Take That.
- What belief do you hold most strongly?
You may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.
- What's on your iPod most-played list?
Too much Take That.
- What do you wear in bed?
I have made a pair of pyjamas out of Campaign back issues. Never a dull moment.