Job: Founder, Adam & Eve
- You've got five hours left before the world explodes. What do you do?
Fly to Rarotonga in the Cook Islands. (See most irritating habit.)
- What's your best joke?
Why was the sand wet? Because the seaweed. (It's all in the timing.)
- What's your biggest fear?
Opening the door to one of my daughter's boyfriends.
- When did you last cry and why?
A good romcom would usually catch me out, but the last time was actually in uncontrollable laughter at a wedding when the best man couldn't make it past his third sentence for being too drunk.
- Who is your hero?
Your best heroes are when you're a kid, so I'd say Han Solo for sheer charm and Ivan Lendl for determination.
- Name one thing about yourself that few people know.
I am much taller than I look.
- What do you see when you look in the mirror?
- With which historical figure do you most identify and why?
Captain Cook. Great seaman.
- If you had a trained monkey, what would you make it do?
- If your office was burning down, what object would you save and why?
My Egyptian "golden pyramid" snow dome. A priceless part of my collection.
- Are you happy?
I have a lot of lovely girls in my life, so, yes, very much.
- What would you do if you were invisible for the day?
Go to school with my daughter and just watch her.
- What's your most evocative childhood memory?
There are two that I can't decide on so here are both. My dad was a nuclear submarine commander so when he took me aboard, it was Jim'll Fix It x10 - I can still smell the potent mix of oil and sweat. The other was when I got lost while backstage on the 80s children's TV programme Tiswas and bumped into Lenny Henry, who asked me if I was oooooookkkkkkk. (Appreciate a lot of people might not get this.)
- What's your most irritating habit?
- What belief do you hold most strongly?
Treat people as you would expect to be treated.
- What do you wear in bed?
Having recently bought one of the world's greatest inventions (a topper), as little as possible.