Job: President, TBWA UK Group
- You've got five hours left before the world explodes. What do you do?
Hmm, did the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change tell you this was going to happen? I would update my Facebook status, rush home, squeeze the family and the contents of the fridge into the Micra and prepare for life on a meteorite.
- What's your best joke?
What do you call a donkey with three legs? A wonkey.
- What's your biggest fear?
"And now from your memorable word, could I have the first and fifth letters please?"
- When did you last cry and why?
Leaving LA - we had made some great friends and it is a tremendous place to live. Also, having to leave my dog in France with the mother-in-law (rather than quarantine) was hard too, poor blighter.
- Who is your hero?
I'm going for two. Philippe Petit (Man On Wire). His ruthless pursuit of his passion, his eloquence on the subject and the beauty of the endeavour all spoke to me. Also, Rory Stewart, who walked solo across Afghanistan, youngest ever governor of a province in Iraq. Ex-soldier, diplomat, advisor on human rights, author and only 37.
- What's the worst thing about your job?
The lack of surf.
- What do you see when you look in the mirror?
That vain, ill-natured thing, an Englishman.
- Which historical figure do you most identify with and why?
I'm a bit Spartan; cold showers and runs are good for me. I love reading about adventurers and far-away places, the sort of people an English Errol Flynn might have played. But I can't really sit here and liken myself to any one figure.
- If you had a trained monkey, what would you make it do?
Close all the cupboard doors I leave open, look after my keys, dance for raisins.
- If your office was burning down, what object would you save and why?
Gosh! Explosions, now fire. What a day. I'd keep my Adidas supernovas and the trained monkey.
- What's your most evocative childhood memory?
Ours being a sociable house, vintage cars and Irn-Bru floats.
- What belief do you hold most strongly?
There are fairies at the bottom of my garden. I'm bored now.
- What do you wear in bed?