Job: UK chief executive, SSF Group
- You've got five hours left before the world explodes, what would you do?
Try for another baby. Then try, try again.
- What's your best joke?
The current favourite is a Clement Freud story involving a man who shat his pants. (youtube.com/watch?v=zfK0jUycNR0)
- What's your biggest fear?
- When did you last cry and why?
It's none of your business. Although I will admit to weeping hot tears of rage every Thursday when my enjoyment of Campaign is punctured by the ill-informed contribution of idle bloggers.
- Who is your hero?
Mick Jagger. There's just something profoundly admirable about sticking to principles and playing the long game. The ultimate example of turning his art into business and making his business an art form.
- Name one thing about yourself that few people know.
I'm a brunette.
- What's the worst thing about your job?
Writing stuff like this. (And then being told by Noel (Bussey) that the word count is too low and finding myself writing mindlessly like this to fill space).
- What do you see when you look in the mirror?
- With which historical figure do you most identify and why?
Hannibal. Not Lecter. The other one. Because he took on the impossible and did it in the Alps.
- If you had a trained monkey, what would you make it do?
I used to have one but he threatened to leave and now I have to write stuff like this myself.
- If your office was burning down what would you save and why?
I might save my Kilgour scarf and a banana for the journey.
- Are you happy?
Yes. (Which, again, I thought was a perfectly adequate answer. But I'll elaborate to help Noel; as happy as can be expected. I'm very lucky.)
- What would you do if you were invisible for the day?
The last time I was invisible for a day I sat in Johnny Hornby's office taking notes while listening to him chatting to my clients. In a state of boredom, I nipped to Campaign and invented some new Hot Seat questions. What's your most evocative childhood memory? What's your most irritating habit? What belief do you hold most strongly? What's on your iPod most-played list? What do you wear in bed?