Job: Head of planning, DDB London
- You've got five hours left before the world explodes. What do you do?
Put the kettle on.
- What's your best joke?
What's the nerdiest pop song? It's The Countdown Final.
- What's your biggest fear?
That social inequality is worsening.
- When did you last cry and why?
Two minutes, 11 seconds into the Nike World Cup ad.
- Who is your hero?
- Name one thing about yourself that few people know.
All my pants are from Asda.
- What's the worst thing about your job?
Same as for many - managing the expectations of brilliant people during a recession.
- What do you see when you look in the mirror?
No idea. I have a crazy haircut that changes daily.
- Which historical figure do you most identify with and why?
Henri Matisse because he left the cold, dark North and gradually embraced the light of the South.
- If your office was burning down, what object would you save and why?
Nick Fox, DDB's primary source of light and energy.
- Are you happy?
I subscribe to the opening sentiment of the last episode of Pineapple Dance Studios: "Ronan Keating said life is a rollercoaster. But he was lying. Life is great, every last little bit of it."
- What's your most evocative childhood memory?
Playing the slot machines in Blackpool.
- What's your most irritating habit?
I'm told that it is enthusiastically saying yes to things I have no intention of doing ...
- What belief do you hold most strongly?
- What's on your iPod most-played list?
Strictly spoken word: Radio 3 Arts and Ideas, and West Coast feminist fanzine podcasts.
- What do you wear in bed?
A Modern Toss T-shirt and a Korean Air First-Class mask.