Make like Usain Bolt to get home to my wife and kids.
- What's your best joke?
A picture of me in the 80s with flat-top and red cycling shorts looking like Cameo. Sad rather than funny.
- What's your biggest fear?
Achieving all my goals.
- When did you last cry and why?
Watching the film Precious. After my wife forced me to watch it, she fell asleep leaving me alone to blub like an old dear at a wedding.
- Who is your hero?
Ben Kingsley's character Don Logan in Sexy Beast.
- Name one thing about yourself that few people know.
One of my first jobs was to draw scenes from court trials that would be syndicated to the media. One of the first subjects was Jeffrey Archer.
- What's the worst thing about your job?
Seeing a good idea die.
- What do you see when you look in the mirror?
A head of grey hairs.
- Which historical figure do you most identify with and why?
Sidney Poitier - inspirational to a young boy from Clapham.
- If you had a trained monkey, what would you make it do?
The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter for an infinite amount of time will type a given text. I'd like to try it.
- If your office was burning down, what object would you save and why?
My bike. It's become one of my prized possessions.
- Are you happy?
- What would you do if you were invisible for the day?
I would like to be in the Liverpool changing room with all my heroes. Hang on, that sounds a bit wrong.
- What's your most evocative childhood memory?
A hot summer's day feeling happy and euphoric, then coming to the realisation that one day this would all end.
- What's your most irritating habit?
Yelling when playing football.
- What belief do you hold most strongly?
Treat others like you want to be treated.
- What's on your iPod most-played list?
Anything from Massive Attack or Radiohead.
- What do you wear in bed?
To my wife's horror, nothing.