Job: Chief executive, CHI & Partners
- You've got five hours left before the world explodes. What do you do?
Get a cab home, cancel my gym membership, then cuddle up with my family and watch some TV.
- What's your best joke?
I had a game of darts with my mate. He said: "Nearest the bull goes first." He went "Baa" and I went "Moo". He said: "You're closest."
- What's your biggest fear?
That the world suddenly runs out of Chablis.
- When did you last cry and why?
Not much of a crier, as a rule. But an imminently exploding world and no white wine might bring me pretty close.
- Who is your hero?
Jay McInerney. Around about the time he wrote Brightness Falls.
- Name one thing about yourself that few people know?
I'm brilliant at my job.
- What's the worst thing about your job?
Writing important stuff down on a bit of paper and then losing it. And being late. And sometimes forgetting stuff. On second thoughts, we might want to rethink the previous answer.
- What do you see when you look in the mirror?
Someone who's not quite as good looking as the bloke in my head.
- If you had a trained monkey, what would you make it do?
Take over from Sir Alex Ferguson.
- If your office was burning down what object would you save and why?
Does Neil Goodlad, who I share an office with, count? If not, my Marlboro Lights.
- What would you do if you were invisible for the day?
I might hang around on the Girls Aloud tour bus.
- What's your most evocative childhood memory?
My first trip to Anfield with my father when I was six. Liverpool beat Spurs 2-0. And a lifelong obsession began.
- What's your most irritating habit?
I think I'm a pretty nifty dancer and very, very funny when drunk. Who knows, maybe I am?
- What belief do you hold most strongly?
That it's more fun being interesting and wrong than dull but right. And that talent is important, but it isn't an excuse to act like an arse.
- What's on your iPod most-played list?
Moby. I'm playing pop catch-up.
- What do you wear in bed?
Full Liverpool kit. Shin pads and everything.