The Creative Shootout was created by Launch PR founder Johnny Pitt, with Campaign publisher Haymarket Media Group the official media partner of this year's event.
Entry this year is open to agency or in-house teams from every marketing discipline.
To enter, teams must send a 60-second entry in a format of their choice that explains why they have the creative clout to help Mind and Rethink Mental Illness, this year’s charity partners.
Entries are open at www.creativeshootout.com with a deadline of Friday 11 November.
Eight finalist teams will be chosen, and will compete in a live head-to-head final on 19 January 2017 in London.
Finalists will receive a real brief in the morning from the charity partners, then pitch their idea to judges and a live audience in the afternoon. The first, second and third place winners will be announced that evening at an after party.
Pitt said: "The Shootout came from a simple place; namely, that creativity in marketing needs a higher profile and to be celebrated better. It’s ripped up the awards rulebook in the process, nurturing and showcasing the best creative talent out there, in a radical new format."
Jo Loughran of Mind and Rethink Mental Illness said: "For us, creativity is a major driver in our organisation. It’s critical we’re creative in our thinking to help shine a light on the stigma of mental health. The Creative Shootout is an awesome idea that celebrates great thinking in a radical new format. It’ll hopefully help change perception of mental health, too."
Creative Shootout has support of industry associations including the PRCA and the CIPR, and the 2017 judging panel includes:
• Paul Bainsfair, director general, The IPA
• Claire Beale, global editor-in-chief, Campaign
• Mercedes Benson, social media & vlogger, Google UK
• Luke D’Arcy, president UK, Momentum Worldwide
• Gracie Francesca, vlogger, The Internet’s Big Sister
• Simon Gill, chief creative officer, Isobar
• Clare Hill, MD, The CMA
• Jo Loughran, Mind and Rethink Mental Illness
• Rhianwen Hart, global planning, Starcom Mediavest
• Johnny Pitt, founder, The Creative Shootout and Launch PR
• Kati Price, head of digital media, The Victoria & Albert Museum
• Joan O’Connor, PR director, Coca-Cola Western Europe
• Damon Statt, creative director, Mischief PR
• Joe Wade, CEO and co-founder, Don’t Panic
This article was first published on PRWeek