During Day Two, 178 Pencils were awarded by juries in Crafts for Advertising (18), Crafts for Design (43), Integrated and Innovative Media (27), Magazine and Newspaper Design (28), Mobile Marketing (14) and the White Pencil categories (48).
Entrants will find out the colour of their winning Pencils (wood, graphite, yellow or black) on 21 May at the D&AD Awards Ceremony.
The UK remains the top ranking country by Pencils won, with 55. The US has 31 and Brazil is joint third with Australia on 15.
The top five ranked agencies or companies by Pencils won is Leo Burnett Sydney (7), the New York Times (6) and Almap BDDO, Adam & Eve/DDB, Wieden & Kennedy London and Wired (all on four).
All pieces that have been awarded a Pencil will appear in the 534 D&AD annual, published later this year.
Tim Lindsay, the chief executive of D&AD, said: "International entries to D&AD have gone up over 15 per cent this year, which is a reflection of D&AD’s continued relevance in maturing creative markets like Brazil and India.
"The quality of craft in categories like Branded Content and Integrated is a real theme this year: an understanding that great creative can play a vital role in earning media is really coming through in the production value of much of the work.
"We’ve also seen a big increase in design work being entered across all categories, which I hope indicates that creative businesses at all levels of agency and studio size are thriving."
More Pencil winners will be announced tomorrow, when judging concludes.
Full list of Day Two Winners:
Crafts for Advertising: 18 Pencils
• Leo Burnett Sydney, WWF for Poachers Campaign (Australia)
• Y&R China, Jo Lusby for MIC (China)
• Lowe China, Shanghai General Motors for Human Traffic Sign (China)
• DigitasLBi Paris, Bayle Flore for Hermes Metamorphose (France)
• Sid Lee Paris, Ubisoft EMEA for Assassin's Creed Unity (France)
Crafts for Design: 43 Pencils
• Casa Rex, Casa Rex for Initials (Brazil)
• F/Nazca Saatchi & Saatchi, Leica Gallery S_o Paulo for Soundlab (Container) (Brazil)
• Publicis Shanghai, Green Peace for Petroleum Hurt (China)
• Y&R China, Jo Lusby for MIC (China)
• Ogilvy & Mather Beijing, Center for Psychological Research, Shenyang for Words Can Be Weapons (China)
Integrated and Innovative Media: 27 Pencils
• FCB South Africa, Coca-Cola South Africa for A Rainbow for the Rainbow Nation (South Africa)
• Akestam.Holst, Apotek Hj_rtat for Blowing in The Wind (Sweden)
• Wieden & Kennedy London, Honda for The Other Side (United Kingdom)
• PHD Media, Warner Bros. for The Lego Movie Ad Break (United Kingdom)
• Droga5, Heineken USA for If We Made It (United States)
Magazine and Newspaper Design: 28 Pencils
• Suddeutsche Zeitung, Suddeutsche Zeitung for Suddeutsche Zeitung Magazines Covers (Germany)
• Publico, Publico for Publico (Portugal)
• Atlas, Frame Publishers for Elephant 21 (Spain)
• Unidad Editorial (El Mundo), Metropoli Magazine for Metropoli (Spain)
• Wallpaper*, Wallpaper* for Wallpaper* August 2014 (United Kingdom)
Mobile Marketing: 14 Pencils
• VML Australia, Rip Curl for Rip Curl Search GPS (Australia)
• Leo Burnett Sydney, Samsung for S-Drive (Australia)
• Uncle Grey Aarhus, Stylepit for STYLEPIT, Fashion For All Kind (Denmark)
• Proximity BBDO, Guy Cotton for Trip Out To Sea (France)
• La Red Hamburg, Kia Motors Europe for GT Ride: Viral Gaming for Kia (Germany)
White Pencil - 48 Pencils (The colour of White Pencil – Wood, Graphite, Yellow – will be announced on 21 May at the D&AD Awards Ceremony)
• Ogilvy & Mather Beijing, China Foundation for Poverty Alleviation for China
• Foundation Donation Box (China)
• Sancho BBDO, Exito Group for Radiometries (Colombia)
• ZDK Gesellschaft Demokratische Kultur, Nazis Against Nazis? for Germany's Most Involuntary Charity Walk (Germany)
• Google, Google for Google Science Fair 2014 (United Kingdom)
• R/GA, Qol Devices for Alvio (United States)
Campaign is proud to be the media partner of D&AD Judging Week. For full news coverage from the judging week, see Campaign's D&AD Judging Week hub.