1. Which is the world's biggest ad brand?
(d) J. Walter Thompson
2. Which London ad agency is in this picture?
(a) M&C Saatchi
3. Who wrote 'Go to work on an egg'?
(a) Peter Mayle
(b) Salman Rushdie
(c) Fay Weldon
(d) Peter Ackroyd
4. Where does Trevor Beattie come from?
(d) Fcuk knows
5. Who has never been an ad agency creative?
(a) Frank Budgen
(b) Tom Carty
(c) Jonathan Glazer
(d) Paul Weiland
6. What is Vance Packard's famous book on advertising called?
(a) The Hidden Pretenders
(b) The Hidden Persuaders
(c) The Hidden Performers
(d) The Hidden Potatoes
7. What's the lowest price of a pair of Tesco's jeans?
8. Which advertiser hasn't used David Beckham in an ad?
(d) Quaker Oats
9. Which is the best club for veggie food and jungle music?
(a) The Fridge
(b) The Gardening Club
(c) The Cross
(d) The Solus Club
10. Which campaign is this still from?
(a) 118 118
(b) Silk Cut
11. Which night bus goes from Trafalgar Square to Barking?
12. What's the average wage at the larger agencies?
13. What makes this top-ten creative director unusual?
(a) His distinctive hairstyle
(b) The large size of his portfolio
(c) His flamboyant telephone manner
(d) He works in DM
14. Spot the non-existent ad awards ceremony
(a) The Roses
(b) The Kancil Awards
(c) The Citra Pariwara
(d) The Milano screenings
15. Which of the following is not a directing collective?
(d) Blue Source
16. What's the average age of an ad exec?
17. Whose favourite ad is this?
(a) John O'Keeffe
(b) Trevor Beattie
(c) Charles Inge
(d) Christine Walker
18. What percentage of art directors are women?
19. Who won last year's Cannes Grand Prix?
(a) Honda Accord's "cog"
(b) Ikea's "lamp"
(c) Peugeot 206, "the sculptor"
(d) Michael Schumacher
20. Who is this?
(a) Ed Meyer
(b) David Ogilvy
(c) Stanley Pollitt
(d) A Barclay brother
21. Who directed Microsoft's Xbox 'Champagne' spot?
(a) Antoine Bardou-Jacquet
(b) Chris Palmer
(c) Spike Jonze
(d) Daniel Kleinman
22. Which football team does MindShare's Nick Theakstone support?
(a) Accrington Stanley
(b) Manchester United
(d) Glasgow Rangers
ANSWERS (one point each)
1c, 2c,3c, 4b, 5c, 6b, 7d, 8d, 9b, 10a, 11a, 12b, 13d, 14d, 15c, 16a,
17a, 18c, 19b, 20b, 21d, 22c
If you scored 15-22...you need to get out more (and take a taxi).
If you scored ten-15... mmm...smart, not swot.
If you scored five-ten...room for improvement if you want to get on.
If you scored less than five... have you thought about a job in