First a bit of trackside news to surprise the punters. Time was when you'd have put your shirt on McCann-Erickson romping away with the booby prize for producing the year's largest number of advertising catastrophes.
No more. After what seems to have been some heavy use of the whip around the Herbrand Street creative department, McCann has forced a readjustment of the odds. No "picks" yet but only one "turkey" for Bacardi Breezer.
Instead, the wooden spoon looks destined for Docklands where Ogilvy & Mather has already managed four oven-ready birds - one more than McCann managed for the whole of 2002 - and Christmas is still five months away!
Looks as though Malcolm Poynton, recently returned from Oz to take charge of O&M's creative stable, might have to get the spurs on.
At the other end of the field, adland's equivalent of the "housewives' choice", Clemmow Hornby Inge, is making the running. The agency that can't seem to do anything wrong at present has already amassed four "picks" but can't afford to drop the pace.
Snapping at its hooves are the race's co-favourite, Mother, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, a creative tho-roughbred bound to battle all the way to the finishing line, and Wieden & Kennedy, whose astonishing "cog" commercial for Honda suggests it may thrive in the heavy going.
At this stage of the race; it might be appropriate to remind everybody that they can influence the outcome by nominating "picks" and "turkeys" with e-mails to either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All in strict confidence, of course. But be warned. Any attempts at nobbling and there'll be a stewards' inquiry.
HALL OF FAME JAN-JUNE 2003
1. Clemmow Hornby Inge - Liverpool Victoria, Telegraph, Spectator,
2. Bartle Bogle Hegarty - Lynx, Audi, KFC
3. Wieden & Kennedy - Nike, Honda (2)
4. Mother - Fray Bentos, Siemens, Orange
5. TBWA\London - 3G, VirginOne
6. Banks Hoggins O'Shea/FCB - Waitrose
7. Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO - Yellow Pages
8. CDD - Mercedes-Benz
9. Euro RSCG - Peugeot
10. WCRS 118 118
HALL OF SHAME JAN-JUNE 2003
1. Ogilvy & Mather - Ford Fiesta, Ski, Ford Focus, Kodak
2. Leo Burnett - McDonald's, Always
3. Publicis - Muller Squeezers, Renault
4. Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO - BT
5. HHCL/Red Cell - Clinomyn
6. Bray Leino - Wrigley's
7. J. Walter Thompson - Andrex
8. McCann-Erickson - Bacardi Breezer
9. BMP DDB - VW
10. Karmarama - UK TV