How do you come up with new marketing ideas?
We use traditional research and guest feedback as well as keeping an eye on global leisure and hospitality trends. Marketing ideas are welcome from all over the company.
What is the main marketing challenge you face?
With such a broad offering to promote, including short-break accommodation, spas, restaurants, leisure activities and shopping, the team needs to be extremely flexible.
What are the perks?
For anyone with young children, the biggest benefit is access to discounted breaks.
Describe the marketing team in three words.
Passionate, hard-working, successful.
Is there a dress code?
Smart office attire.
What is Center Parcs like for training and career progression?
The company is very proud of its staff-retention record and strives to promote from within and develop people.
What about the salary and benefits package?
Salaries are competitive, discounts are available for Center Parcs breaks and there are various bonus and incentive schemes.
What are the hours like?
Standard, but people put in the work as required.
Are there any downsides?
No. We all feel very lucky to work with talented colleagues, as part of an exciting industry.
Is there anything particularly interesting about your office?
The marketing team is based in Center Parcs’ purpose-built head office building on a new eco-village development.
Is there anything else readers may find interesting about the company?
It is satisfying to work for a brand that is able to juggle sustainability and profits while enabling families to spend more time together.
- Center Parcs is based at One Edison Rise, New Ollerton, Nottinghamshire NG22 9DP.
- The company has more than 6000 UK employees, 14 of them in marketing roles.
- Center Parcs has 99% prompted awareness among ABC1 families in the UK and hosts nearly 1.5m guests a year at its four UK locations.
- Its annual turnover is about £260m.
- Martin Dalby is chief executive; Colin Whaley is sales and marketing director.
- Center Parcs has won the Tommy’s Let’s Get Baby Friendly Award for Best UK Holiday Provider for the past six years running.