The digital graphic-driven campaign described as an "exploration of air and the negative space it occupies" ran on Instagram, out-of-home placements Europe-wide and the retail design of both JD Sports and Footlocker. It also ran across Nike’s digital properties globally.
The UK took home no silver Lions in this category but instead bagged nine bronze Lions:
- The Partners "The Butcher the Baker" for The Butcher The Baker;
- Saatchi & Saatchi "Magenta unleashed" for Deutsche Telekom;
- Geometry Global UK "Posters for catching fishermen" for Colombia's environment and sustainable development ministry (shared with Geometry Global Colombia);
- McCann London "Reality Xmas" for Doctors of the World;
- Iris Worldwide London "Adidas Neo Snapchat – #MyNeoLabel" for Adidas;
- J Walter Thompson London "Ash to art" for Glasgow School of Art
- Adam & Eve/DDB and MediaCom "Give the rainbow" for Skittles;
- Ogilvy & Mather London "Interpretation" for The UCL Centre for the Forensic Sciences;
- Magpie Studio "Johnston centenary poster" for Transport for London
The Grand Prix for the category was won by AP Thailand and its agency CJ Worx Bangkok for "The unusual football field"
Ogilvy New York's "The refugee nation" earned three gold Design Lions. The WPP shop also won a silver and a bronze Lion for "Type with pride" for Newfest NYC and a bronze Lion for Lenovo's "Miniature world". Ogilvy Chicago picked up a gold Lion for "The one moment" on behalf of Morton Salt".
"Fearless girl", which has already won Glass and Outdoor Grands Prix, won two gold Lions in this category for McCann New York and State Street Global Advisors. McCann New York picked up another gold Lion for
VML Kansas City's work for non-profit organisation, Youth Ambassadors, "Welcome to my neighbourhood" earned a gold and a silver Lion.
Pereira & O'Dell San Francisco won a gold and a bronze Lion for "Writing our writes: the empowerment notebook" on behalf of Ignite.
Meanwhile, Snapchat parent Snap picked up a gold and a bronze Lion for its photo-taking sunglasses, Spectacles.
In total, the US brought home nine gold, ten silver and ten bronze lions.