Meanwhile Ogilvy's owner, WPP, was named the most effective holding company for the fifth year in a row.
The Coca-Cola Company retained top spot as the highest-ranked marketing company after toppling Unilever last year. Coca-Cola was also the most effective brand for the fourth consecutive year.
McCann’s FP7/DXB shop in Dubai was named as the most effective individual agency globally, while ACG Advertising Agency in Budapest was named the most effective independent agency.
The Effie Index Worldwide is compiled from more than 3,000 finalists and winners from its effectiveness competitions around the world over the course of 2015.
Top five most effective marketers:
- The Coca-Cola Company
- Procter & Gamble
Top five most effective brands:
Top five most effective agency holding groups:
- Publicis Groupe
- Dentsu Aegis Network
Top five most effective agency networks:
- Ogilvy & Mather (WPP)
- BBDO Worldwide (Omnicom)
- McCann Worldgroup (Interpublic)
- MullenLowe Group (Interpublic)
- DDB Worldwide (Omnicom)
Top five most effective individual agencies:
- FP7/DXB (McCann, Dubai)
- Ogilvy & Mather (WPP, Mumbai)
- Sancho BBDO (Omnicom, Colombia)
- ACG Advertising Agency (Independent, Budapest)
- Ogilvy & Mather (WPP, New York) / MullenLowe Lintas (Interpublic, Mumbai)
Top five most effective independent agencies:
- ACG Advertising Agency (Budapest)
- Guzel Sanatlar (Instanbul)
- MINT (Dubai)
- Droga5 (New York)
- Wieden & Kennedy (Portland)