Retail brands dominated the most shared ads from 2013 with John Lewis, Marks & Spencer and Sainsbury’s among the most popular Christmas ads from last year.
John Lewis’ "the bear and the hare" spot by Adam & Eve/DDB was the UK’s most popular Christmas ad, after being shared nearly 1.2 million times.
Three's reworked "dance pony dance" by Wieden & Kennedy, recreated with snow and festive decorations for Christmas, was second, with more than 100,000 shares.
It was followed by Bailey’s "nutcracker" by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, which was shared more than 50,000 times.
Marks & Spencer’s "believe in magic and sparkle" ad by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R beat the award-winning Harvey Nichols "sorry I spent it on myself" spot and Sainsbury’s "Christmas in a day" ad, which was in fourth place.
The Harvey Nichols ad, by Adam & Eve/DDB was the fifth most shared ad followed by the Sainsbury’s spot by Abbott Mead Vickers/BBDO. Tesco’s "a family Christmas" by Wieden & Kennedy was seventh.
The chart was compiled by Unruly.
1. John Lewis "the bear & the hare" by Adam & Eve/DDB
1,166,952 shares all time shares
2. Three "dance pony dance" by Wieden & Kennedy
107,210 shares all time shares
3. Marks & Spencer "believe in magic and sparkle" by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R
52,716 shares all time shares this week | 52,716 shares all-time
4. Baileys "Christmas nutcracker" by BBH london
51,770 shares all time shares this week | 51,770 shares all-time
5. Harvey Nichols "sorry, i spent it on myself" by Adam & Eve/DDB
29,694 shares all time shares this week | 29,694 shares all-time
6. Sainsbury's "Christmas in a Day" by AMV BBDO
28,234 shares all time shares this week | 28,234 shares all-time
7. Tesco "a family Christmas" by Wieden & Kennedy
24,280 shares all time shares this week | 24,280 shares all-time
8. Lego "let's build" by We Are Pi
21,654 shares all time shares