1. The most-read story on Event this week is the launch of Secret Cinema's pop-up retail outlet in east London, where ticketholders can pick up fancy dress items and props for its upcoming Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back event. Rebel Stores is open every Tuesday to Sunday at 16 Cheshire Street in Shoreditch. Secret Cinema’s immersive presentation of Star Wars will kick off next Thursday (4 June) and run until 27 September.
2. Selfridges' former head of events, Harvey Lee Sutton, recently launched creative agency 22 | 43 along with partner Luis Donegan-Brown. The agency specialises in creative production, live events and communications.
3. Pictures from Moët & Chandon's summer pop-up at London's Madison Rooftop Bar took the fourth spot this week. Bompas & Parr were on hand to create ice cubes with personalised messages for guests, such as I Love You, Best Buddy and Marry Me.
4. One of our favourite brand activations of the week is the Cath Kidston-designed beach huts on Bournemouth beach, which are an extension of the retailer's #RandomActsOfKidston campaign. See the pics here.
5. From 23 June, home appliance brand Whirlpool will be running a launderette bar experience, named Dirty Laundry, along with event planner Meredith O'Shaughnessy. Cocktails will be mixed in tumble dryers and drinks served in retro fabric detergent bottles.
Comment below to let us know what you think.
For more in-depth and print-only features, showcases and interviews with world-leading brands, don't miss the next issue of Event magazine by subscribing here.