Product Marketing Executive - UK & Ireland
Remington is the 3rd largest personal care brand in the Personal Care Appliances market, enjoying a 12% market share. An opportunity has arisen within the UK & Ireland commercial marketing team for a Junior Brand & Product Manager to help lead Remington to the next stage of their growth.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, Personal Care, you will be responsible for assisting to drive the day-to-day Brand and Product Category Management for Remington within the UK & Ireland with the overall aim of delivering profitable business growth.
This role will involve an understanding of the Personal Care market across the core categories of male grooming and female depilation for the Remington brand. You will need to be seen internally and externally as the category expert and brand champion, and take a brand and product-led approach to driving growth.
In addition to excellent product knowledge, you will also have the opportunity to work closely with our Brand and Digital teams, to help form the brand and communications strategy. Therefore some experience of working with and managing consumer branded products is a must.
- Proactively manage and develop specific product categories for the UK & Ireland portfolio through close liaison with European NPD teams and UK & Ireland Sales Teams
- Manage the product lifecycle from NPD conception to successful launch each season, to ensure the brands remain innovative, ahead of the market and capable of delivering profitable growth
- Be proactive in identifying/developing and winning profitable new incremental business opportunities utilising market research to understand consumer needs and competitor analysis to ensure leadership in the market
- Trend analysis of sales data & market data to support our Category Management approach – i.e. analysing information on the UK market to identify strong sell in arguments for product launches and product development.
- Work with the Senior Marketing Manager and the UK & Ireland Sales Team on a Category Management approach – be seen as the product and category expert to advise on the best product and range mix by channel and customer
- Good understanding of the P&L for product launches – be comfortable working with margins, trade terms and other factors
- Act as Brand Champion both internally and externally – ensure that the brand values are consistent and delivered accurately at all times
- Be the Voice of the Consumer internally – have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all relevant consumer segments, and know how to target these effectively
- Work closely with the Brand & Communications Manager and the Digital Marketing Manager to help brief, set and plan campaigns and brand communication throughout the year
- Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager on briefing market research agencies to develop credible insight to help shape the future brand direction
- Input into overall marketing calendar of events to ensure no opportunities are missed, and every activity is fully integrated across all channels
Essential Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience working within a consumer products marketing department – you might be looking to step up, aiming for a role where you have greater autonomy to flex your skills, decision making and influencing abilities
- Ability to deeply understand the categories, their trends, the competitors and use this to spot new product and sales opportunities
- New Product Development - Managing product lifecycles from conception to market launch and on through their full lifecycle
- Interpreting sales data & market research to understand consumer needs and competitor analysis to ensure continued growth in the market
- Comfortable understanding the impact, importance and responsibility of managing strong brands in competitive markets
- Proactive and positive; a self-starter that takes the initiative and is comfortable suggesting new ways of working, different approaches etc
- Great attention to detail, and pride in presenting your work at all levels
- Excellent verbal presentation skills (excellent PowerPoint skills a must)
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Manage multiple projects at the same time
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Company pension
- Healthcare plan
- Annual bonus
- Staff discount
- 25 days + 8 days bank holidays
- The option to ‘buy back’ 5 days holiday
- Free Car Parking
If you have the skills and experience we require for this role and are looking for a new challenge please click 'Apply' and send us your CV and Covering letter.