Senior Sales Executive- Specialist Lifestyle Brands (Print/Digital/ Creative Solutions)
This is an exciting NEW role, working across this leading publishers large Specialist portfolio covering an eclectic mix of brands in the Music, Gardening, Outdoors, History and Antiques markets. The role reports directly to the Group Advertisement Manager (GAM). This London based role works closely with the display and digital teams across all the key Specialist brands as well as the wide client portfolio as necessary and potentially across all their offices within the UK.
You will be responsible for increasing and developing advertising revenue and market share growth across a broad range of large London-based media agencies. This role involves selling, negotiating and representing the identified Specialist portfolio with media agencies at the highest levels. Given the nature of the markets they serve the role will be largely focussed on print revenue development initially, but this is a fully cross media role including digital, creative solutions and added-value.
You will have a strong print background with considerable experience selling in a multi-title/ multiband environment. You will need to develop and extend relationships with key large agency contacts across the designated portfolio. You will be expected to generate the maximum possible revenue from your agreed agency/ account plan and be able to work quickly and efficiently with the minimum of supervision.
The ideal candidate will be experienced, confident and a good communicator with a high degree of numeracy and organisational ability. You need a self-directed individual to hit the ground running with an appetite for hard work, and a tenacious approach to winning new business is essential for this role. You will be required to attend their other UK offices from time to time
You will be responsible for…
- All assigned London agencies and target accounts, to manage and represent the key brands allocated to you within the portfolio. The initial focus will be extending and developing agency revenues within their key Lifestyle brands
- Responding to live briefs from agencies, often with short notice, and turn around first class proposals often working closely and quickly.
- Working closely with the GAM Lifestyle you will be required to identify and develop significant new business across the key brands and create bespoke presentations which can be taken out to market to increase share and revenue
- increasing and developing their relationships with their partner agencies by maximising the opportunities available from their trading deals of trading deals for this portfolio and working with internal and external deal stakeholders proactively
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills, these are essential, ensuring you book business within budgeted yields and maximise revenues across the portfolio. You will already have good relationships with agencies, PR’s and clients and the willingness to achieve a minimum of 6 external meetings per week, as well as becoming a real ambassador for the company.
You will be creative, enthusiastic and tenacious with strong knowledge and experience of specialist print/creative selling, and be able to respond to larger briefs with a compelling and engaging response, as well as advertorial pages.
You will be required to work with Editorial, Publishing, Production and the Creative design teams to ensure ideas are feasible in terms of costs, timings and guidelines, as well as work closely with the production dept. to ensure maximum profit is being achieved when pitching off the page ideas.
- You will also be expected to:
- Manage and develop your own portfolio and report on share and market performance against agreed accounts
- Set clear objectives and report the Lifestyle portfolio position with regards to client agency partner performance
- Develop and maintain strong agency relationships up to and including senior level, working with the Head of Print & Partnerships and Advertisement Director as appropriate.
- Brand champion the specialist brands and raise the profile of these brands within the agreed agencies
- Maintain accurate up-to-date-records and complete necessary administration within required time frame,
- To achieve individual objectives and KPI’S set as a result of appraisals/mid-term reviews
- Work closely with the display and digital teams to maximise revenues and manage agency relationships
- Account manage all of your live campaigns, ensuring they are running effectively
- Proven relationships with agencies at all levels
- Experience of selling display, online and creative solutions and added value opportunities – ideally within a multi brand setting
- Strong face-to-face sales experience, including preparing sales material and presenting it within various forums.
- Understanding of industry research and the ability to make use of data to construct a sales argument.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven track record of developing and growing relationships with clients and agencies, colleagues and team members.
- Great time management skills, you must be a self-starter, able to manage your workload and deliver a consistent performance.