UK Sales Manager
This post reports to the Sales & Marketing Director
Benchmark Holdings PLC:
Benchmark was founded in 2000 to help repair and build a global food chain that is more efficient, economical, ethical, environmentally friendly and fit for the future. Benchmark’s unique ability to innovate to make food more plentiful, accessible and sustainable through more responsible and ethical practice sits at the core of its business model.
With an international client base which includes food producers, retailers, industry bodies, pharmaceutical companies and governments, Benchmark is able to access and develop improvements in efficiency at every stage of the food chain, driving forward innovation across agriculture and aquaculture, green technologies, manufacturing, packaging and distribution.
Its partnerships with universities, think tanks, non-governmental organisations and thought leaders drive research, innovation and solutions which it communicates directly to its clients and market via its world-leading news websites and publications that have a growing global readership of over six million.
The Group has five divisions:
- Benchmark Animal Health drives improvements to animal health and supports efficient, profitable farming practice by offering products and services that reduce disease challenge, build resilience and establish immunity.
- Benchmarks Sustainability Science supports its partners in agriculture, aquaculture and the food chain grow and source good food better.
- Benchmark Technical Publishing provides access to expertise, education and knowledge transfer for people and businesses in the agriculture, aquaculture, veterinary and global food supply chain industries.
- Benchmark Breeding & Genetics drives improvement to animal health, welfare and efficiency by addressing key challenges such as disease, metabolic disorders, reproductive performance and nutritional efficiency.
- Benchmark Advanced Animal Nutrition – working to develop advanced nutrition and health products for the aquaculture sector that reduce disease and enhance immunity within target species, through the use of probiotics and immuno-stimulants.
Benchmark operates internationally with offices in 27 countries across five continents, employing over 850 people.
Benchmark Technical Publishing
Benchmark Technical Publishing provides access to expertise, education and knowledge transfer for people and businesses in the agriculture, aquaculture, veterinary and global food supply chain industries.
Operating from five countries on three continents, they run 19 online media platforms and 12 digital magazines delivering dynamic, interactive industry news and content direct to the sectors they serve. Since Google started counting in 2006, over 30 million people have read, referenced and relied upon their portfolio worldwide. The media created and delivered by the division sustains a global audience of over six million unique visitors per year.
The global team includes agriculture and aquaculture editors, journalists and translators; technical, web, SEO developers, designers and production controllers; agriculture sales and marketing specialists; media and commissioning and fulfilment managers; and ecommerce and online experts.
5m are an international publishing company. Since Google starting counting, over 30 million people have read, referenced and relied upon our portfolio across agriculture, aquaculture and animal husbandry.
The company is part of the Benchmark Holdings Plc group of companies which also includes businesses in: the research of sustainable farming; farming publishing; international consultancy on food/farming issues to retailers, processors, and fast food chains; management of change systems for sustainable industrial production, and; specialist product development/marketing.
Summary of position
We have a broad range of sponsorship and related product across websites, digital magazines, print media, conferences and elearning. We’re a close team with an open culture. We’re vibrant and we all play a part in influencing the direction of our company.
Your role as UK Sales Manager will involve meeting and exceeding set revenue targets, developing long term relationships with clients and prospects. You’ll be speaking with key decision makers both over the phone and delivering sales presentation face to face so you must be confident in both environments.
You’ll have a strong track record of achieving targets and experience in successfully engaging key decision makers of major companies. The role involves international travel so you must be able to travel.
- You will be responsible for new business development as well as nurturing lateral growth within existing accounts
- Results driven with good negotiation skills
- Collaborative, team player open culture
- Initiative essential
- A second language and Agriculture, aquaculture and /or media sales experience would be an advantage
- You’ll be advising our customers on our marketing platforms that cover online, inbox and mobile channels – so digital experience is essential
- More than five years of success in professional business account growth is essential
- You will be responsible for an element of New Business Development as well as lateral growth within existing accounts.
- Dealing with commercial and corporate clients as part of an international sales team, you must be able to converse confidently at all levels with key decision makers and influencers.
The successful candidate will receive a salary commensurate with the role, fantastic career prospects, and a great bunch of colleagues to rely on for support.
This job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed although it does not include or define all tasks which the post holder may be expected to carry out. The duties may vary from time to time without changing the nature of the post or the level of responsibility and the post holder may also be required to carry out any other duties appropriate to the level of the post.