Interim Marketing & Communications Manager
A prominent Economics and Financial Consultancy firm has a need for a London based Interim Marketing Communications Manager. This individual will be taking control of a new role and be the first Marketeer to work with the firm directly. They will serve as a direct project manager, hands-on writer and execution delivery lead for communications-based marketing initiatives to promote business in the UK/Europe and their brand. Day to day, this role works closely with the Business Development Manager and Directors of the business.
This is an execution-centric marketing role and serves as Marketing Communications liaison for various UK/European practices and Marketing, as assigned.
- Combine multiple elements of the marketing mix including, interfacing with stakeholders to plan, execute, follow up and assess priority marketing execution campaigns and action plans.
- Execute and supports the firm's communications requirements in compliance with the brand policies and protocols.
- Steer/manage hosted events, related communications and sponsored conferences.
- Assist in the development of content for firm-wide campaigns, brochures and sales tools.
- Monitor competitive messages and positioning and other key information to develop and prepare distinctive copy for print and online communications, while ensuring consistency with multi-channel branded content.
- Lead generation and implementation of priority Marketing plans. Monitor and manage execution, keep work on track, resolve issues, and make adjustments based on needs and lessons learned yielding measurable outcomes
- Work across business units to develop integrated marketing and segment/initiative specific plans
- Overall copy editing, proofing and vetting of print and digital collateral, including invitations, advertisements, event micro-sites and other related materials.
- Superior communications skills, written and verbal; strength, speed and creativity as a writer / editor. Writing samples required.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly synthesize and prioritize the elements of a message
- Top-notch project management skills
- Strong attention to detail and superior judgment
- Team player and individual contributor
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook; knowledge of Web-publishing platforms and social media channels preferred
- Works well under pressure
- Excels at cultivating relationships at all levels within an organization
- Quickly applies strategic, service, branding, marketing and technology principles to all projects
- "Can-do" attitude
Additional Attributes and Qualifications
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a global professional/financial services firm or Marketing/PR agency setting
- B2B Marketing experience