Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager - London - £55k OTE £70k
This is the chance to join a highly respected and influential consultancy that advises on and implements programmes that help advertising, PR, design and marketing agencies in the UK and USA win new clients. A business development agency specialising in the marketing services sector.
Due to ongoing growth and the development, they are looking for a New Business Director to assist their MD in heading up the sales function. The offices are centrally located and the majority of the clients are also based in the capital.
The clients range from innovative start-ups, to leaders in their fields, some are highly creative boutiques and others are part of global networks. They're known for being the most strategic and effective consultancy in their field. Maintaining their reputation is extremely important, and the Business Development Director role is absolutely pivotal to this, you will be the face of the agency and will need to use a highly consultative approach.
Assisting the MD, you will be responsible for new business and the company's growth.
Functions in Detail
- Acquire new accounts, which are both profitable and sustainable
- Ensure quarterly revenue targets are met - which is subject to bonus. This is the primary function of the role.
- Ensure thorough penetration of each of their market places.
- Recruit, train, equip and lead the staff in the business development team doing day-to-day prospecting - lead by example. Unsure sales and marketing productivity targets are met
- Monitor and manage your staff to get the best out of them
- Attend new business meetings
- Manage the ongoing pipeline of opportunities
- Take responsibility for managing each of your prospects through to conversion
- Write excellent proposals, succinct and impactful with 100% attention to detail. First rate grammar and spelling is essential.
- Liaise with the Group Marketing Director to ensure you are supported with a workable marketing plan and calendar of seminars, events, viewpoint pieces, etc. Ensure there is a robust and consistent marketing campaign in place.
- Internal reporting: initially daily and then weekly meetings with the MD, moving to monthly commercial meetings once up to speed.
This could be perfect for you if you have worked agency side but are interested in Business Development. You'll have demonstrable experience in a consultative sales role already, preferably within marketing services, perhaps for an agency or similar solutions led business. You'll be an outgoing, bright, relationship builder that enjoys face to face contact and identifying and developing opportunities.
Management experience is not essential but you will be required to mentor a small team of development execs so a desire to do so is important.
What's in it for you?
This is a brilliant opportunity for several reasons.
- You'd be joining a business that are recognised as the best in their field.
- You'd be joining an already successful team
- You'd have a very achievable target
- You'd have the support of a dedicated marketing manager
- You'd have a lot of autonomy
- You'd have an uncapped bonus scheme
- You'd be joining a fun team of motivated people on a decent salary with excellent prospects.
Please apply now for full details.