Head of Marketing & PR - brand, digital, customer experience £45-52k+ plus benefits
Want to be a part of a leading progressive agency with both brand and digital at the heart? This agency is looking for an exceptional, strategically minded Head of Marketing to lead the team.
The world of branding has changed beyond all recognition, and agencies are moving fast to respond. This leading agency is building a unique offer across all brand touchpoints, from brand strategy, digital and retail through to product and service design.
Head of Marketing & PR – the role
With such ambitious plans for the future, the agency are now searching for a Head of Marketing and PR to help give the agency a stronger voice both internally and in the wider press.
In this role, the head of marketing & PR will help define and implement a clear strategy for how different channels are used to raise the agency profile in relevant and creative ways.
You will also manage a team of three – setting objectives, managing workload and carrying out appraisals.
The Head of Marketing & PR will be someone who really understands the new positioning, and who can define and implement a marketing and PR strategy that is true to the agency’s purpose and personality. You’ll need to be ambitious, creative and hands-on, with a proven ability to deliver effective B2B marketing.
What’s more, you’ll need to have a natural ability to connect with people, to persuade and bring people together, to help teams reach consensus. There are a variety of stakeholders who need to be communicated to. This agency is part of a group and has international reach. You’ll need to be a good listener, a confident communicator and someone who enjoys these aspects. This is a very important part of the role.
Head of Marketing & PR - core responsibilities
• Define and implement a marketing and PR strategy for the agency, including how to use different channels to achieve results
• Define and oversee the tone and personality of the agency’s marketing materials
• Drive creativity, quality and consistency of all external marketing materials
• Take ultimate ownership of all marketing materials, creating a results-oriented culture to deliver high quality engagement through great content
• Actively identify opportunities for raising the agency profile and act accordingly
• Work closely with other teams to deliver case studies, thought pieces, events etc.
• Line manage and coach three team members
• Manage internal stakeholders
• Control marketing and PR budgets
Head of Marketing and PR - background and skills
• At least 5 years of experience in a similar role, including line management
• Excellent understanding of branding, digital and social media
• Proven ability to create high quality B2B content to drive engagement and results
• Exceptional communication skills (written and spoken)
• Superb interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and trust at all levels
• Self-starting, with the ability to delegate and direct a team to achieve results
• Strategic thinker who can create long term plans and turn these into a roadmap
• Organised and thorough, with great attention to detail
This is a brand new role and the agency are entering into a really exciting unchartered phase. As a result it is an opportunity for an experienced marketing manager to step up into a high profile role and use their creative marketing skills and flair to create and build a brand new marketing strategy for the new-look agency.
At Story, we find talent for the design, branding, marketing and advertising sectors. With 25 years’ combined experience, we have built long term relationships with some of the most innovative agencies in the creative industry.
We find roles for a whole host of agency people – managing directors, client services directors, strategic directors and senior planners, account managers, execs and junior planners, project managers, production specialists, creative services etc.
We focus on design and branding and integrated marketing, working with a large network of agencies, from larger, group owned consultancies to medium-sized independents and boutique agencies in the UK and internationally.
We believe that quality is often in the detail. We spend time listening to both clients and candidates - and often reading between the lines is what enables us to find the best matches. The philosophy is simple; to offer the best possible service and solutions to both candidates and clients and develop strong, long term relationships. Our straight-talking approach, along with our integrity and commitment in doing good work, make us trusted partners.