Director of Advice & Content
Director of Advice & Content – Asthma advice and support services
c.£70,000 per annum
At Asthma UK we have a unique opportunity to make a profound, positive change to the lives of 5.4 million people with asthma. Through this role you can play a crucial part in making that change happen. We know from the evidence that supported self-management in asthma significantly improves asthma outcomes and we aim to provide a truly personalised support service for people with asthma over their lifetime. This job-holder will lead Asthma UK’s gold standard asthma advice and support services. As a member of the organisation’s Senior Leadership Team, and reporting to the Chief Executive, the job-holder will contribute to the development of the overall organisation strategy and manage additional cross–organisational projects.
We’re looking for an experienced and influential leader who can think and act strategically. The successful candidate will also have experience of developing a health advice or public health strategy (and content), health advice campaigns (including use of digital) and new service models.
If you are excited by the opportunity to help shape the future of healthcare in an organisation with significant ambition we want to hear from you. If you believe that you have the personal commitment, energies and qualities to contribute to our vision of making profound, game-changing improvement to the lives of people with asthma, this job is for you.
Working here appeals to people who:
- Are ambitious and want to work in a commercially minded environment
- Appreciate a clear vision and scale of ambition, but understand the flexibility required to develop plans to deliver this
- Understand the need for charities to harness the power of technology to transform outcomes for their supporters
- Are intellectually curious and value the opportunity to learn
- Want a role with breadth
- Are comfortable with change and a “test, learn, refine and scale” approach
- Enjoy knowledge-sharing and developing fully integrated plans with other teams
It doesn’t suit people who:
- Like operating in a functional team with little interaction from other colleagues
- Dislike change or are uncomfortable with re-invention
- Don’t like rolling up their sleeves
- Aren’t passionate about digital, data and technology
- Don’t enjoy debate or facilitation
Come and make a difference
There is nothing as terrifying as the feeling of not being able to breathe or watching helplessly as a loved one struggles for breath. Although asthma affects 1 in 5 households in the UK it is, mistakenly, seen to be ‘sorted’. It’s not. In the UK today, every 10 seconds someone has a potentially fatal asthma attack. Every day the lives of three families are devastated by the death of a loved one to an asthma attack. Tragically, the majority of these could be prevented right now with the right basic care. Others still suffer with asthma so severe current treatments don’t work. This has to change. That’s why Asthma UK exists.
This is a great place to work
With around 80 people, we are a tight team working together successfully to stop asthma attacks and cure asthma. Our recent staff survey reports that although we have a decidedly high performance culture, it’s probably the friendliest place most people have worked with great opportunities for development. So, if you have a talent for trust fundraising and a passion for writing, we’d love to hear from you.
Want to know more? Please visit our website for more information on Asthma UK and to apply please click on the Apply link now!
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 30 October 2016.
Interviews will be held on Monday 7 November 2016.