Digital Project Manager (middleweight)
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Digital Project Manager to join a highly-successful and fast-growing agency to deliver high-quality and innovative digital corporate communications solutions - and to help build the agency as thought leaders for digital corporate communications excellence.
The principal role of the Digital Project Manager is to scope, specify and project manage the development and delivery of high calibre digital solutions for our Corporate Communications business. Working closely with the design, development and account teams, you will be defining the solution to meet our clients’ requirements, building the project delivery schedule and budgetary estimates, and driving the programme of work from inception through to successful delivery; ensuring projects are delivered on time, to budget and to high levels of client satisfaction. This role will suit a self-motivated individual who wants to make a real difference in their role - both to enhance their career and skills, and to deliver award winning, innovative projects for global brands. It will require an organised mind, digital expertise, great people skills and real attention to detail.
- Successfully manage the delivery of assigned digital projects, taking responsibility for ensuring that all projects are delivered on time, to budget, are delivered to the brief and meet high levels of client satisfaction;
- Work with internal teams to interpret the client’s brief and work with the teams to create a digital solution that will meet the client’s needs;
- Develop a set of clearly defined deliverables for each project including comprehensive project documentation including project schedules, requirements documents, functional specifications and project schedules;
- Own the project management of these digital solutions, acting as the focal point for all requests and queries, effectively managing the delivery process, driving all deliverables through the creative, HTML and programming teams, and ensuring that all project amends are accurately implemented to ensure an error free delivery of projects;
- Proactively manage the scope, timings and priority of projects managing all timescales and
internal and external resources to ensure these don’t deviate from agreed schedules;
- Co-ordinate all project meetings; draw up and circulate the Agenda for each meeting at least 24 hours in advance; write and circulate a Contact Report within 24 hours; follow up and execute all necessary tasks agreed at meetings;
- Maintain and develop quality assurance processes for your digital projects, ensuring that the agencies procedures are consistently applied before allowing projects to progress so we deliver to the required standard and are protected from financial loss;
- Demonstrate real strength in identifying and managing project problems independently and provide effective solutions to address them;
- Successfully liaise and co-ordinate suppliers, completing the briefing process and ensuring that all work meets the agencies quality standards; and
- Comply, contribute to and seek ways to enhance our company and digital standards, processes and documentation.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, experience and personal qualities:
- Project management qualifications
- Strong academics with a minimum of 2:1 degree
Experience and skills: Business experience
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in managing on-line clients and projects from inception to delivery with the ability to work unaided on digital projects;
- Familiarity with best practices in website development, including accessibility, usability and design;
- Experience interacting with clients at a variety of levels and across functions, managing client expectations and ensuring high levels of client satisfaction;
- Experience working with security sensitive information;
- Experience of scoping and designing Internet related projects of significant scale and complexity and identifying project risks;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential;
- Good knowledge of project management techniques for digital solutions including requirements definition, sitemaps, schematics and wireframes, web analytics, etc.;
- Good understanding of relevant methodologies and technologies – Microsoft Office and Internet tools including Web browsers, project management systems and e-mail programmes,
Microsoft Knowledge or Visio, PRINCE2, and a familiarity with Web development technologies including content management systems, HTML, Flash and Java script; and
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure, within strict time constraints and must be able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment.
Technical knowledge and skills
A good general understanding of a wide range of technologies is beneficial, including:
- Visio, Microsoft Project expert user;
- Internet, intranet, and extranet development technologies;
- Content management systems and XML and publishing technologies;
- Email, RSS and SMS applications;
- QA techniques and processes; and
- Knowledge of W3C WCAG levels and requirements.