CRM Retention Executive - National Newspaper
You will be Reporting to the CRM Manager, this role is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced, commercially-driven, growing digital media team. Our client is the UK’s largest privately-owned media company. It operates a strong portfolio of newspaper and magazine brands. Their Digital division is a growing team accountable for the product and commercial development of the group’s existing brands across print and broadcast, plus the identification and delivery of new digital business opportunities.
Your primary day-to-day responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Reporting to CRM Manager as part of a small but growing team.
- Email Broadcasts – manage email campaigns across newspaper and magazine brands.
- Design, load and send email campaigns. HTML knowledge desirable but not essential.
- Test whether emails render correctly across multiple web browsers and mobile devices.
- Ensure correct data segments are selected for each campaign through our email platform.
- Alter segments and email content if requested by internal stakeholders.
- Email Automation
- Set up automated email campaigns through their email platform.
- All testing and data segmentation as before.
- HTML Template builds/design
- Manage and update HTML templates.
- Image uploading to HTML templates.
- Post campaign & Analytics Reporting
- Reporting – various reports from email platform and Google Analytics for all Northern & Shell newspaper and magazine brands.
- Automated/Triggered emails
- Develop and manage weekly/monthly email schedule
- Working with the CRM Acquisition Executive to ensure a coherent contact strategy is in place for all customers.
- A positive self-starter who works well in a fast-paced environment, with a strong drive for measurable results.
- Very strong attention to detail and the ability to make decisions in response to a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation and an ability to work autonomously once relevant training has been undertaken.
- The confidence to work with, and pitch ideas to, very strong-minded stakeholders.
- Experience of managing email marketing campaigns/ CRM strategies.
- Literary skills to a professional level, with the ability to write commercial content which will be sent to a large volume of customers.
- Strong numeracy skills and use of Microsoft Office, primarily Excel.
- Basic HTML knowledge desirable but not essential.
- Experience with ESPs desirable but not essential.
- Media/Publishing experience desirable but not essential.
- Ability to manage agencies and internal stake holders.